Thursday, January 9, 2014

In December I had the good fortune to appear on local TV (my first 40 minute live interview. Although the station only transmit to Wellington, Palm Beach and north, it was quite an experience for me. The interviewer had already met me when he interviewed me on WPBR-FM radio and had by now read my novel, FLIRTING WITH DISASTER - WHEN LOVE AND NATURE COLLIDE. Many of his listeners are Haitian-Americans and he expected them to love my book.l

I hardly had time to think about it when we went out to Pacific Grove, California to be with our children and grandchildren who live outside of San Francisco. It was refreshing to hike along the beach, go whale watching, watch the otters and dolphin play and play mind-games with adults and children. NO TELEVISIONS at THIS RETREAT, but lots of ping-pong, pool tables, magnificent sunsets, fireplaces and good dining. I can't believe I kept up with the teenagers  when we hiked in Point Lobos State Park.

When we got home to Florida, I checked my book's rank on Amazon. It suddenly went from poor to  almost good. The radio and TV appearances must have helped.

Stay in touch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment